Pages

16 January, 2014

My Grandparents Died of Diabetes...

Which health issue or physical feature runs through your family? Are you obese like your parents and cousins? Do all the girls have mustache? Is white hair already appearing at a young age?

Even if my mom is old in age and independent, I saw her cry during the burial of my grandfather. Love and sorrow is definitely beyond intellect, ability, and experience.

From both father and mother side, all my grandparents died of diabetes. We can say, it's definitely in bloodline.


Now, let's try to make things simple...

I have been health conscious since my college years. I try to avoid sugar as much as possible. If water is available, I won't take softdrinks nor artificial juices. Actually, I drink softdrinks in less than 5X a year. Even candies are a no-no to me if other food choices are available. I'm very, very cautious and even targeting zero hard and softdrink intake. 

Although one thing that I cannot stop myself with is rice, as the Filipino staple food. Actually, chocolates are also difficult for me to resist ^_^. Like what I heard from Bro. Eli, rice is the most delicious food, because even if you eat it everyday, you won't have enough of it.


After I learned that dark (not black, that's different) chocolates are good for the body, I discovered that my taste buds prefer it more than milk chocolates, choco wafers and varieties with caramel. I truly love it's slight bitter taste.

Some beverages and other commercial food products that claim to have zero sugar uses aspartame instead, an artificial sweetener that is actually carcinogenic! So which one do you choose, diabetes or cancer? Stevia and honey are still the best natural sweeteners and are also becoming more common nowadays.

I'm really experiencing it: I feel no urge in the sight of softdrinks, artificial juices and chocolates with sugar. I'm not craving for it. I make it a point to always read the product labels of ingredients.

Water tastes a lot better for me, although it has no taste at all. Something to thank for.

What food is forbidden for you to take, and what have you done to fight the temptation? Please share your experiences and insights in the comments section below.


The above post is brought to you by Jezreel Magbanua, who enjoys helping people MAKING things SIMPLE. Click here to get to know Jezreel Magbanua better. Thanks and GOD bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment