Pages

12 January, 2014

Post It - Urgent & Important

When your to-do list gets very, very long, how do you prioritize?

As Brian Tracy has suggested, it's best to classify your tasks into 4 quadrants, and focus on the important tasks first. He has popularized the concept of Eat That Frog which tells us to do the most difficult important tasks as we start our day.

I have experienced so much difficulty in choosing which of my job assignments to do first. My productivity also gets lower and lower as my to-do list gets longer and longer. Confusion is killing me as work is piling up.

But I have discovered a much modern way of doing it, digital version.


Now, let's try to make things simple...

If you are using Windows 7 for your PC, perhaps you have tried those Sticky Notes, which are like Post-It notes in your desktop. Below is a screenshot of my office desktop PC screen.



A more productive way of utilizing that feature is to label them as to which is URGENT & IMPORTANT and NOT URGENT BUT IMPORTANT. Remember to DO THOSE THINGS FIRST. Then you can add other notes as you wish. Better to include also target dates.



It is optional to include the NOT IMPORTANT stuffs. For me, it will just crowd my desktop and become eye sores. I rather schedule them using Reminders feature of MS Outlook or my mobile phone, so they just appear as I wanted them to and not disturb my rhythm.

In this way, you will always be reminded of things you need to accomplish in the soonest possible time.

What about you? How do you organize your everyday tasks or goals? Please share your experiences and insights in the comments section below.


The above post is brought to you by Jezreel Magbanua, who enjoys helping people MAKING things SIMPLE. Click here to get to know Jezreel Magbanua better. Thanks and GOD bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment