Pages

11 November, 2012

Dengue Gone Overnight

How do you feel when you are in a hospital? Personally, I don't feel good.

For the first time in my life, I was confined due to a deadly disease last year. 

Basically, dengue is a disease caused by mosquito bites wherein platelets count is affected. I stayed 4 days in my house, in which fever was recurring on the third day, so my parents took the caution to have my blood tested for platelets count. We already suspected that it's really dengue, so we tried the tawa-tawa plant ( I don't know the English counterpart; just heard this from others) made into tea. But nothing improved in me. 

After the figures seem going down, I was rushed for to the nearby hospital. I don't like being confined as it entails much expense and I don't feel comfortable seeing suffering patients.

There is no specific medication given to dengue patients except hydration and medicine for upset stomach, which is also a symptom of the said disease. But after 3 days stay, my platelets count dived down to 43, which is very a very alarming figure. Good thing that no hemorrhage is taking place.  


Now, let's try to make things simple...

We followed the advice of a sister-in-faith to try papaya leaf juice. Luckily, I have a juicer that can easily and effectively extract the medicine I need.



And the miracle happened! Just overnight, the platelet count reached 90! So we continued juicing some more leaves. I can only take 2 tablespoon of the said extraction because it is SOOOOOOO bitter. Fortunately, I later found out that the said dosage is just right, according to my internet research.

The next day, the figures shoot up to 210! Then my doctor advised that I can be released that day from confinement. Honestly, I didn't inform my doctor about the herbal treatment (.^_^.) Thank GOD the worst did not happen.

Please take note that this article is based on my personal experience and it is strongly advised that any patient must seek expert medical advice first on any medication, as symptoms might have variation, that is, case-to-case basis.


How did you handle it when you had dengue fever? Please share your experiences and insights in the comments section below.


The above post is brought to you by Jezreel Magbanua, who loves helping people MAKING things SIMPLE. Click here to get to know Jezreel Magbanua better. Thanks and GOD bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment